Friday, August 31, 2012

Cardiology appt...

Today was not as bad as I thought. I did not have any tests except for a chest X-ray. Dr. Lane decreased one of my meds, the Amiodarone. So instead of twice a day, I'll do just once. The X-ray showed fluid on my right lung, and the only way to get rid of it is to be admitted back into the hospital to have it drained. She called me this afternoon to tell me that. It's up to me what I do. I can either go into the hospital and be admitted tomorrow or I can go in Tues afternoon. I'm not sure if this is a day procedure or what. The doctor will take a big needle, insert it into my lung and drain whatever fluid is on it. That should get rid of my cough as well. I'm electing to do this Tues, when MY doctors will be there, rather than when the weekend/holiday crowd is there. I'm nervous, as usual. Dr. Lane also said that I need another EKG, but the order didn't go through yet, so it'll be next week sometime. An electrophysiologist is also supposed to do a cardiac MRI on me in about 4 weeks. This will show the electrical activity of my heart. Doing this determines whether or not I can get rid of this lifevest, and whether or not I need a defibrillator put in. I so do not want that. I went from 30 to super old overnight. My bp was 93/52 today. I added 2 prescriptions to my other 4, but those 2 are cough meds. Hopefully, after the procedure Tues, I can stop taking them. I think it's called a thoracentesis. I know -centesis means to drain fluid with a needle, so that's probably what it is. Anyway, I think I'm going to nap, I've had a busy day and I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment