Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cardiac Baby...

When I was in the hospital, the nurses called me their Cardiac Baby. I was the youngest person in the cardiac unit. The nurses said they would fight over me, bc they liked the change from a 70 year old. When I'd be walking around the unit, I'd have people staring at me, probably wondering what the heck I was doing there. I am home now, and I'm going to try to blog a little each day, or at least a few days a week. I don't want to be stuck at home, so I do go a few places, I just can't drive for about 5 more weeks. I have to take 3 meds every day. I take Amiodarone 2 times a day, a baby aspirin once a day, and Metaprolol twice a day. Pain meds if needed, but it's Hydrocodone, so I really don't take it much. I may take 1/2 a pill a day, and it's usually at shower time, bc I have to stand up so David can bathe me; it wears me out and makes me hurt a little to get undressed, shower, and get dressed again. I can't wait til I can shower normally again. I can't wait to drive again either. I'm loving being at home with my family. I missed them so much. I miss my nurses too though. I will be going to visit them sometime in the near future. I want to check in with them, and take them a card and a gift. They were all pretty awesome.

Every day, I ride with Umma to take the kids to school and pick them up. I want to be involved as much as possible. I still haven't met their teachers yet, but I emailed them to let them know I'd like to have a meeting here soon. David told them at Open House what was going on, so they are understanding of it. I emailed my 4 professors for this semester, and let them know what is going on, and I requested to work at home for the 1st 4 weeks. One of my professors, for Anthropology, said yes. I've had her for 3 other Anthro classes, so she knows me. 2 of my classes are online, w occasional meetings throughout the semester, so they are ok with it too. I only had to drop my main class, bc it's a science and it's way too hands-on to miss so many weeks. It sucks, but there's always spring. So classes start tomorrow. I have an appt with my cardiothoracic surgeon at 130, then David is taking me to buy my schoolbooks. I will start my work as soon as they give it to me, bc I don't want to get behind. With my 2 online classes, as long as I'm done with all the assignments by the last day of class (in Dec), there's not much of a timeline. But I get bored during the day with the babies at school, so I'm going to do it.

My friend Kat is coming over in the morning to straighten my hair for me. I've had the worst hair day for going on 3 weeks now, and I feel gross. David can wash my hair, but there's no one who can fix it for me. Rianna will brush it and put it in a ponytail, but it's not exactly what I want. But I love that my baby girl takes care of me. She and Gage have been great. They do little things for me and without complaint. They bring my pillows, pull out the recliner, get my phone, etc...the only downside we had so far is when I 1st came home. Gage was really scared of my zipper. He didn't want to see it, talk about it, or anything. He also didn't want to go to school. He said he didn't want to leave me again. It was sad. He's doing well now. David bought him an arc reactor toy (from the movie Iron Man), and I told him that we were alike now. I even had him pose for a pic of our Iron Man chests, lol. It's cute. I haven't decided if I will share it or not. Well, for the most part, I am caught up. There was probably lots that happened in between, but it's kinda monotonous and boring. Anyway, til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment