Thursday, August 2, 2012

I decided to document my heart journey...

I decided to start this heart blog so that I can update my friends, but also so that my kids can read this one day. This journey started out pretty much by accident. Mon, July 30, I was sitting on the couch at 1am, catching up on my Big Brother episodes. I started seeing spots and got lightheaded. I thought I was going to pass out. It happened about 5 times, in a row, lasting only about 20 seconds each. I decided to go put some clothes in the dryer, and saw the spots again. I went to bed, thinking that bc I'd closed Sat and opened Sun at work, then stayed up past 1am, I was just overly tired. I had 2 more episodes while lying in the bed, but I quickly fell asleep. Mon morning, I was in the middle of telling David (my hubby!) what had occurred overnight, when it started happening again. And again, and again. I told David to go the gym, that I'd be alright, but that I was going to call the doctor, just in case I kept on having those episodes. My doctor couldn't see me, so I was forced to go to prompt care. David and the kids took me to prompt care, and she ran a few tests, one of them an EKG. The tech who did it left, and the doctor came back, cheerful as can be. She said, "well, we have an ambulance coming for you." I laughed and said, "haha", and she said, "seriously, I'm not kidding, the ambulance will come bc your EKG is looking really bad." I lost it, started crying uncontrollably, and she ran to get David. David and the kids came in, and she explained to him what was happening. I asked if it would be ok for David to just drive me, so we wouldn't scare the kids. She said yes, but told us to hurry. Instantly, I thought I was having a heart attack. The drive to the ER was the longest drive ever! I will post the rest of day 1 later.

No comments:

Post a Comment