Sunday, August 26, 2012

Slept through the night, whoo-hoo!!

I sound like a newborn's parents, but I did, I slept through the night for the 1st time since surgery. I woke at 630. That means David got a good night's sleep too. I hate waking him up, but I can't get up by myself yet. I stack up 4 pillows so that I'm pretty much sitting up in bed. Then I don't need help up. But sometimes during the night, I slip down, and when that happens, FORGET IT. I need help up! So I was happier that my hubby got to get some sleep. I hope I can keep it up, lol. So, my "wounds" from the chest tubes are not healing the way they should be, I don't think. I won't go into details for the faint of heart, but I'm currently not wearing my lifevest for a few hours. I will put it back on soon, so I don't freak myself out about it. Basically, the PA said that I should keep gauze over it, bc my lifevest can rub up against it, and that isn't giving it air to breathe. So I am taking a break from it. No big deal...oh, so I got such a great surprise yesterday. We went out to lunch bc we were all ready to get out of the house. After lunch, I was exhausted, so I laid down in my chair and was drifting off to sleep. I heard a knock at the kitchen door (no one knocks at the kitchen door!) and in walks my friend Katie. I haven't seen her in so long. She wanted to surprise me, and didn't have David's number, so she texted his brother to get it. Then apparently, they were texting back and forth, hatching her plan to come over. It was a great surprise! Today, my friend Judith was supposed to come over, but the kids have a little cold, so I told her I don't want her getting sick, so she's gonna come over tomorrow. Well, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment