Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sat, 8/4

Today was a pretty good day...let me start with this morning, around 2am. I was woke up by a visitor. Guess who? It was Calvin, my hero from the ER! He was on his lunch break and walked over to see how I was doing. I hugged him, thanked him for everything, and we talked for a few minutes. He said that he is bringing his wife by to meet me this weekend. See why he will make the finest nurse? He doesn't work in Heart & Vascular. He works in the ER, or most times, as an EMT. Basically, once I leave the ER, he doesn't have to worry about my case anymore. He says that I impacted him...but I'm sure he's got it backward. He is a great man. So, today was the day for visitors!!! And since it's a weekend and nothing new was really happening besides vitals, I could wear my own clothes. I just had to wear a necklace thing to hold my heart monitor. David brought my fave yoga pants and a tee shirt that has a boatneck so that the on-call docs and nurses could easily access my leads and check my heart.


So...who visited today? My babies and husband, of course. My stepdad, who took the kids for a few hours so David could get some things done; my dad, grandma, grandpa, and Aunt Joanie...let me pause here. I've never seen such worry on my grandpa's face. It made me sad. I love him so much. I was his early morning buddy when my sister and I would spend the night there as kids. My grandma, sister and aunt would sleep late, but grandpa and I would get up at 5 and have breakfast and either read the newspaper or watch the birds. It was nice, and definitely something I'll never forget. He had tears in his eyes today, and he hugged and kissed me and squeezed my hand. I'm so glad they came to visit, but I hate seeing him upset.

Who else visited? Holy cow, um, Jennifer, Judith (who gave me such a great massage that I seriously calmed down), my sister, Ashley, Kat, and I think that was it. If I left your name off, I'm sorry!!! Needless to say, I didn't get a nap today, so I'm super tired. So besides the vitals, the stinking shots of Lovenox to the belly, and some other meds, I'm feeling ok and I'm glad I have so many people around me who care. Tomorrow, mom and dad will be back home, and my bestie Sam is coming to visit me from Atlanta. Also, my friend Judith is meeting with David at 9 in the morning to help him shop for the kids' new school clothes. I have great friends. Everything has to go ok, bc I've got some serious paying it forwards to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment