Friday, August 3, 2012

Thurs, 8/2

I had a few visitors today. I haven't been overwhelmed with visitors, bc they are kind of stretched out. I enjoy visitors bc it gets boring in here. I don't want David to stay the whole time, bc he needs to rest, but he doesn't sleep well at night. It sucks the stress that this has brought on to the family. It still feels like a dream. The other day, I didn't know what to do, so I wrote David, Rianna, and Gage each a letter. It made me feel better, and they got to come see me!!!! Best present ever. I'm the luckiest mom in the whole entire world. All I think about is that I don't want to leave them alone. Which means I can't die. I have to be strong enough to get through this surgery, get home, recover and live. Watch my kids grow up and grow old with my husband, if I don't drive him completely crazy first. I had to have a chest X-ray today, I'm not sure what all they are wanting. I get 2 shots of Lovenox (blood thinner) every day in my stomach. It doesn't feel too good. I also have to take some other meds every day, like an antidepressant and a baby aspirin. I hope that when I'm done with surgery and I recover, that I won't need tons of medicines. A nurse in here has told me that he was on antidepressants for 9 months after his heart surgery. I also had a PICC line put in my arm today. It hurt, but at least they can draw blood and give meds into it and quit sticking me!!! I've been stuck 8, I think, times so far. Oh wait, make that 14, bc I still get 2 shots a day in my stomach...Anyway, on to Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment