Saturday, September 8, 2012

End in sight???

Slowly, but surely, right? I'm so ready to be healed, or at least, be working on becoming 100%. Tues, Wed, & yesterday, I was extremely sore from the thoracentesis. It was hard to breathe in, hard to cough, sneeze, even hiccup. It was like I went completely backward. I slept like crap too, which means David did as well. Yesterday, I braved the pain, and Umma, mom and I went to lunch at Olive Garden. It was nice to get out of the house. Last night, I actually slept pretty good. David said that he noticed. Ha-probably noticed that he didn't lose as much sleep. Just kidding, I love him for all that he has put up with these past 5 weeks. He could complain as much as I do, and for good reason, but he's been great about it.

Well, tomorrow, Umma heads back to California. I'm gonna miss her so much. Rianna said that she knows she will be crying tomorrow, bc she always cries when she leaves. Gage got very moody quiet tonight, and that is how he reacts to her leaving. I sincerely appreciate everything she has done for us. She's cleaned, cooked some, been my chauffeur when taking the kids to school and picking them up, and she rarely lets me even carry my own plate to the sink. And seriously, she's given me my shower a few times. Has she driven me absolutely crazy with her driving? Yep, she's a little scary behind the wheel sometimes, but she improved every day. It's the little things that count, and I couldn't have done this recovery stuff so well without her. I am so grateful to all of my friends who have been there also, and to my family. Mom makes sure I'm ok, and I know that if I needed anything, she would make sure to take care of it. My dad texts me first, to make sure I'm not sleeping, then I usually call him back. My stepdad and stepmom check in on me too. They are super awesome. I have friends that don't live anywhere near GA, that sent cards, emails, and FB messages to me, friends that live near that have done the same, and I'm appreciative of them too. I never expected the outpour of support that I've had. Actually, not only that I've received, but David and the kids. Some had never met David and helped him out so much that I could never say thank you enough. I have been sooooooooo slack with getting thank you cards out, and I apologize, but I am trying to individualize every single one with a personal message, not just "thanks, see you later"; everyone means so much more to me than that. I saw on a show today that the appropriate timing of thank you notes being sent out is 3 days. I'm hoping that's for gifts and parties, not major surgeries, bc if not, then I fail! Monday morning, I go back to Dr. Hunter, my surgeon, for another checkup. We will discuss cardiac rehab, and whether or not I can drive. Fingers crossed that I can drive!!!! If he lets me drive, then I'm going back to school Wednesday. I only have one class I have to go to school for, and that's on Mondays and Wednesdays, for only an hour fifteen. I can handle that. I'm wondering if I should ask my doctor for a note for a handicap parking pass for a little while. I don't want to seem like I'm special, but it's hard finding parking at school, and I'm scared of walking too far away from people right now, in case I fall out, or my lifevest goes off, etc. The other day, David and I went to the store. He told me to get what I needed, and he'd go for what he needed. I freaked out. I got nervous about not being around someone I knew in case something happened. I need to really work on that. I can't have anxiety like that, bc I'm a grown up, I don't need someone beside me holding my hand 24/7. I'll have to ask Dr. Hunter if that is normal. I'm sure it is. Well, I'm done rambling, I think. I should sleep ok tonight, bc I'm not in much pain at all, and I took my cough medicine, just in case. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment