Monday, November 12, 2012

News!!!!

I'm still taking care of 2 sick kids and a sick husband, while trying to keep myself healthy.  I am not sure what getting sick would be like for me, and I am not ready to find out.  Anyway, so today, I kept the kids and David home, and made them stay in the bed all day.  I didn't want more germs spread around, and I knew that they needed rest in order to get better.  Of course, they were just happy they didn't have to go to school.  I have bottles of hand sanitizer in EVERY room.  You know how you visit someone at the hospital and you have to use it before you go in, and when you leave, as do the nurses and docs?  That was my house.  I went around and Lysoled everything too. 

 I had class at 1, so I told the hubs that he'd be able to take care of things for a couple of hours.  I went to class, and when I got out, I had a message from my cardiologist's nurse.  She said that they had gotten my MRI results back (so soon, so unusual for doctors, lol), and while she didn't know why, Dr. Lane had told her to call me.  I needed to go to the Heart & Vascular center (where I had my surgery), and get a holter monitor.  Ugh...but the good news was that I could get rid of this lifevest!!!!   Yay!!!!  So the deal is this:  I need to wear the holter for 24 hours, and tomorrow, I'll take it back to the hospital, and they will see what it says.  A holter is basically a small monitor with 3 leads on me.  It'll continuously take record of my heart rhythm.  If it goes well and no serious arrythmias or anything, I'll be good to go.  I can go back to work!!!  So I'm hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers for a good outcome.  This has been almost 3 1/2 months in the making.  If the unfortunate happens, I'll have to wear another monitor (called event monitor) for 30 days, and go from there.  I'm so tired of  "going from there", let's just get there already!!!  Mama needs to make a little money, haha.  

So, later on this evening, while I was cooking dinner, I started feeling a little sick...NOOOOOOO!!!  I can't do it, I refuse.  I have a headache, and a bit of muscle soreness, but no fever.  I think I'm ok.  Oh yeah, plus I'm coughing some.  I can do this, I can get through it...I'm still going to sleep in Rianna's room tonight, since she's still in Gage's.  I'm feeling a little under the weather, but hopefully, I don't get what they've had all weekend.  Tomorrow, if they aren't better, we are calling the pedi.  I have just been trying to do what I could here, bc I know that if I go to the doc for basically just a fever, she's going to tell me I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.  But I've done it for the past few days, and it's possible they need antibiotics, so we will play it by ear.

Wish me luck, in getting rid of these germies AND in getting rid of these restrictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment