Monday, November 26, 2012

Dr. Lane called me this morning!!!

She said that I can go back to work this Thursday!  Which means that I can go back next week, since the schedule is already made out.  But, I've reached another snafu...she hasn't gotten the results back from my cardiac MRI yet, so she is working on that today.  Also, she read my 24 hour holter results from the other week, and most of it looked good, but I did have a little bit of arrythmia.  So, now we have to go with another monitor.  As soon as she calls me back, I'll have to go pick up the monitor and wear it for 3 more months.  Which sucks so bad!!!!!  But, it's better than no answers at all, or worse than that.  She said that this will be the last test.  I don't think I'll have to get that defibrillator put in, I think that's the reason for all these tests, to avoid it if it's unnecessary.  But if I have to have it implanted, I'd like to just get it over with :/

Seriously though, who wants to have this implanted?????

------>> Defib implant

Dr. Lane was worried that I may have ARVD (arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia) and that is why we've been doing so many tests, and why she hasn't let me go back to work yet.  ARVD means that my normal pericardium has been replaced by fibrofatty tissue.  It is usually what causes sudden death in many athletes.  You ever hear of athletes who seem perfectly healthy and fall down and die when no one knew there was a serious condition?  Yeah, that...that is what she was talking about.  But she said that she didn't see any signs of it, so I should be ok.  That totally doesn't make me feel better.  Ever since I found out about this, I've had death in the back of my mind...well, middle of my mind...not near the front, but definitely not far behind.  I'm definitely scared about that.

I'm happy with my cardiologist, I still don't like her office staff.  She has different offices, and I suppose I could try those, but her office at the hospital is better equipped AND it's at the heart institute...so since I heard from her, I'll keep going to that office.  For now...

So, I'm happy I can go back to work!!!  She's supposed to be faxing my return to work form today, so fingers crossed they do what they are supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment