Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 1 down...

Week 1 at work is down.  I'm out of my Metoprolol, which wasn't exactly planned...hopefully, it'll be ok until tomorrow.  I've felt some flutters this evening, since getting off work.  I hope everything is ok.  I'm sure it is; probably just tired.

Anyway, there was a write-up in the paper today about my surgeon.  He is pretty awesome, and apparently, smart, haha.  Here it is:

minimally invasive MVR repair

I think this is just one of the many advances in the future for heart surgery.  Less invasive equals a quicker recovery for otherwise healthy people.  Dr. Hunter told me that if my problem had only been MVR (mitral valve regurgitation), then he would have done that surgery on me.  But since I had the ASD to go along with it, there was no choice but to do open heart.

There's also another article about new heart procedures for high-risk patients.  Here is that link:


new procedure for high-risk patients

The coolest thing is that this group of cardiothoracic surgeons are the ones that took care of me.  I never doubted their ability to do what they needed to do for me, I only doubted my body's ability to handle it.  These guys are part of Augusta, GA-basically, home…15 minutes from home for me.  I didn't have to get sent off to Emory or the Cleveland Clinic for a heart transplant.  Dr. Hunter came here from the Cleveland Clinic, and I've been told he's one of the best.  My cardiologist said that he came here to introduce the minimally invasive MVR repair.

Well, it's only 951, but I've got to go to bed.  I'm super tired, but I just needed to boast!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment