Thursday, October 25, 2012

Almost 3 weeks without updating...SORRY!!!

Not too much is going on, I'm doing ok, still sore. Aggravated at my much as I love her, she's starting to make me mad. The day that I saw her last (3 weeks ago today), she was supposed to call me that evening to give me the results of my echo and to answer other questions that I had. I haven't heard from her. I've called numerous times, with no call back, and my rehab nurse has called a few times, no response. I have talked to the nurse, and she has said that she will give my message to Dr. Lane, and that she would call me callback. I'm tired of the runaround. I don't want find another cardiologist, but I can't be ignored. Like I told the nurse, they have to understand my point of view. I went 30 years with this issue. An issue that Dr. Lane herself told me that I was lucky to have lived this long with. I could have literally dropped dead at any moment, doing any thing, with my kids, during work, working out, etc. So yes, I'm on edge, I need assurance. I think I deserve it. I need to know what my echo said, I need to know if I'm going to have to get the defibrillator implanted, and I need to know when I can go back to work. I need to know that I'm ok, or that I will be ok. The nurse told me that the doctor hasn't even read my echo yet, so they can't even give me the ol' "no news is good news" thing. I am not trying to sound like a spoiled, everything is about me, brat. I understand that there are other patients that are more of a triage situation than I am. But this isn't about a broken toe (although those hurt like hell!), and I just need a couple minutes to answer my questions. The thing is, that phone call I was supposed to get was to let me know the results, and to set up my next appointment. So I don't even know when I'm supposed to see her again. So I've decided that tomorrow, I'm setting up an appointment. I don't care if it's a waste of $45 copay, I'm tired of being ignored. Ok-sooooo...tomorrow is my last day of rehab!!!! Yay!!!! I've been working so hard (or as hard as a heart patient is supposed to work). Today, I'm 11 weeks post-op, which is another reason I need answers. My heart brochure said that most patients return to work within 6-8 weeks. What's the holdup with me???? Btw, this past weekend, Rianna and I did the breast cancer walk. It went pretty well, and it was super fun! I think next is the Alzheimer's walk. I'll walk that in honor of my Mawmaw. Other than that, and the rehab, my friend Codie and I have been walking, so I'm working on getting my strength and stamina back. Hopefully, I lose this weight that I gained while being partially sedentary these past 11 weeks. Hopefully fast! Well, that's about it. I thought I'd have more to write about, but I guess I forgot what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment