Monday, April 8, 2013

8 months today!

The months are ticking by, and that's a good thing, I suppose.  It's been 8 months since surgery.  I'd like to say it's felt like a long time ago, but right now, not so much.  Fri, I started having pain, and it's still here, so it sucks.  I feel like I can barely move without pain protesting every step.  When I touch my chest, it feels like a bruise.  You know, when someone touches your visible bruise, mashes down, and asks, "Does this hurt?", and your first inclination is to slap the mess out of them?  Ha-kinda like that.  Also, when I move a certain way, I get a stabbing pain in my chest, and it has a burning kinda feeling…hard to explain…anyway, I left a message with Dr. Lane's office, so let's hope it's not 4 days from now when they get back to me.  Their message says that if you're having chest pains, to hang up and call 911…well, I'm not having a heart attack (fingers crossed that doesn't happen), so I'm not calling 911 and getting stuck with an ambulance bill and an ER bill…I'd rather pay my $65 copay to Dr. Lane's office and find out what's going on, than the ambulance bill, $150 copay to the ER, and then the hospital bill.  I've got enough hospital bills I'm paying on now, thankyouverymuch.

So, there's not much updating to do, just wanted to say that yay, it's been 8 months, but boo, I'm in pain…


Oh, let me add something that I was thinking about…when this all happened, I was watching Big Brother during the summer…I'd record it bc I was usually working, then watch it later.  That's what I was watching when I started feeling bad.  But, the thing I was thinking about, was how much David disliked the show…he isn't into many reality shows, unless there's "real" competition.  Anyway, since I was out of commission and missing my BB episodes, he left them on the DVR.  I was lying in the hospital and he texted me that I had some saved up.  Knowing that he hated the show and would have been watching whatever he wanted to watch, I told him he could erase them since I wasn't there.  But he kept them on there for me.  He said that I would need something to occupy my time when I got home, so he left them.  I just thought it was super sweet.  Bc later, I realized that I would have hated to miss the last parts of the season :)

It's the little things...


2 comments:

  1. That was sweet of him. :-) hope your Dr has an easy answer for the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary...still waiting on her to call back...

    ReplyDelete