Friday, February 15, 2013

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!

David and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day with huge gifts or anything.  I had to work, so there was no point in trying to go out.  But...I did get my nails re-painted-they are red, with sparkly things in them.  I'll have to post a pic of them later.  I figure they are cute enough for Valentine's, plus they will work for the heart walk, which if everyone remembers, will be Mar 9th.  I'm working on getting tshirts ready to order, and I swear, I love them, but I have the most last-second friends of anyone I know.  Haha...I'm gonna have to light a fire under them.  So, I'm trying to get ready for that, I think we're going to have a great turnout and I can't wait.  I've already gotten some orders and some money, so we've got a start.

There's not too much news as far as my heart goes, and I think that's a good thing.  Dr. Lane's nurse called back and said that I don't have to see her again until May 31st, so that's great!  I still have soreness EVERY SINGLE MORNING!  #whensitgonnaend?!?!?!?!?!  My shoulder blades hurt every day too, and it's so aggravating, bc it affects my sitting at school, and my ability to fully do my job at work.  And let's not even discuss laundry!

Enough complaining about what I can't do.  I need to bring to everyone's attention, a little boy who has a story on FB (obviously by his parents, as he's super young), who is having such a hard time.  I won't go into detail, but he is in need of many prayers, as are his parents.  It's times like these when I have to learn to appreciate what I have, who I have, and what our situations consist of.  And why?  Bc my heart surgery is peanuts compared to what this little man has been going through.  I have healthy children.  I am very appreciative.  And so I pray this family can finally go home one day with their little boy, healthy.

Another little one that is constantly on my mind, is the son of one of my friends.  He has a congenital heart disease, and he is such a TROOPER!  He is totally cute too.  He is so happy, although he's been through so much.  So I think of him often bc I've been through nothing compared to him.

Anyway, if I have any news, I will update, as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment