Monday, August 25, 2014

Cardiology appt

This past Tues, I had an appointment with Dr. Lane.  It was my 8-month checkup.  She is still amazed at how nothing catastrophic happened before I had surgery.  She said that my heart looked and sounded good.  In Oct, I'll go in for my annual echo, and that'll determine how much the mitral valve regurgitation has progressed since last year.  I'm hoping for good news from that.  I'm thinking that since I've felt pretty good, that it probably hasn't progressed too much.  My blood pressure was still good (I think it was 110/60).  Dr. Lane said that my venous reflux turned out just fine.  In case I haven't written about it, I'll do so quickly.  My legs have swollen on some occasions, and I really don't know why.  I went in a few weeks ago, and they did a venous reflux.  This is basically a sonogram of the veins in my legs.  Just the usual spiel:  lay off sodium (which I do), and wear compression stockings (which I do sometimes)...

Also, my scar looks horrible at the top.  Which sucks, since it's hard to wear some of my shirts without feeling self-conscious.  So she is setting me up with a plastic surgeon.  This should happen in the next couple of weeks, I think.

I'll go back to her office in Feb, when she'll give me the results from my echo, and hopefully, I'll remain healthy in the meantime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment