Monday, August 5, 2013

Doctor's appt today...

I'm not sure what to expect, since I haven't seen her in a while, but I do have questions in my mind to ask her.  Such as:

1. Do I have to take baby aspirin for the rest of my life?  We talked about this before, and she had said 'yes', but I need to know what the pros and cons are.  One thing I know, is that taking aspirin, including baby aspirin, for extended periods of time, can cause vision loss.  No-freaking-thank you.  Sigh............

2. What are these weird, sometimes painful, sometimes just pressure-y feelings, I get in my left shoulder, chest, etc?  I know signs of a heart attack, I know that the list isn't etched in stone, but I'm tired of worrying if it's for no reason.  And of course, if there is a reason, I need to know.  

3. How far can I push myself?  I want to workout extremely hard (er).  I want to be super healthy, but I don't want to die doing it.  And if I'm in a class, I definitely don't want to die in front of strangers.  Yes, I know that's weird to say, but it's definitely crossed my mind a time or two...or ten...

4. Heavy lifting?  What's safe?  I'm pretty weak anyway, so it's not like I'm going to bench press like a linebacker, but when I'm working, I try not to lift heavy items.  It kinda goes back to the not wanting to die in public feelings.  Plus, I need to give some of my coworkers reassurance, bc they won't let me do anything strenuous.
 
So, it's not too much, but it's a start.  I wish I could pull up some more questions, bc I always think of them after the appt is over.  That will suck...what also sucks?  The dang $65 copay...I'm so gonna milk this appt.  Ha!

I will update after my appt.  It's at 8am, so I'd better get to sleep.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment