Friday, January 11, 2013

Another setback

Dr. Lane's nurse called me today.  She received the EKG printouts from the telemetry people and she saw some "pauses" that are questionable.  So what I have to do is put the telemetry monitor back on for 30 more days, go off all my heart medication (the Metoprolol and Amiodarone), and go for a sleep study.  I have no idea why we need a sleep study done.  I called Cardionet, and I still have to send the equipment back bc it's been deactivated.  Then Dr. Lane has to reorder it, and they will resend it back out.  I'm so aggravated…and scared.  I am so exhausted over all this…I'm hoping that the meds are the culprit for the pauses, and then maybe I can just quit taking those permanently, but I'm not holding my breath for it…

I really hope that it's not anything too serious.  I don't know how much more I can take.  So here I am, waiting for the doctor to call back, find out when I have to go for the sleep study, and finding out what's going on.  I have to go to Trinity Hospital overnight, and I hope it doesn't interfere with work or school.  I don't need anything else to get in the way of school, bc something always does.  

Ok, well, I am going to do some googling or skimming through old anatomy texts to find out why I am needing this sleep study, bc I don't like surprises or suspense, and I will update when I hear something else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment